You like to set your own optical limits? Then our range of one-way mirrored glass gives you the opportunity to select the finest of graduations with regard to transparency and reflection.
No matter which SPYMIRROR option you choose, the reflective properties of the coated side are always higher than those on the side facing the viewer. In general, the following rule applies: the more transparent our SPYMIRROR glass, the lower its reflective properties. Check to see what level of optical separation you require and then select the required glass from our range of mirrored glass sheets with their light transmission levels of 1%, 12% or 20%. We will also be pleased to satisfy any special requests for a light transmission level of 30% or 40%. You can choose from monolithic glass, laminated glass or toughened/tempered glass as base material.
Please note: a difference in illuminance levels is a prerequisite to ensure the functionality of our SPYMIRROR glass. The difference in light intensity levels between the rooms must be at least 1:5 lux - and at least 1:10 lux where our 20% SPYMIRROR is used.
The advantages of SPYMIRROR at a glance:
- Strong mirror effect thanks to multilayer, optical thin-film magnetron coating
- Light transmission levels of 1%, 12%, 20%, 30% and 40% available
- True-to-source color reflection
- Coatings offer high durability and abrasion resistance in accordance with ISO standards
- UV transmission from low to zero
- Supplied with protective film
SPYMIRROR glass is mainly used for observation purposes, as it allows the observer to monitor the situation while remaining hidden from view – an effect which is also increasingly being used in interior design and exterior architectural applications allowing you to deliberately control people’s ability to look out of or into a room. 20% SPYMIRROR is also often used to make monitors and displays disappear when switched off – when switched on, the bright monitor or display is visible behind the mirrored glass. Typical applications include:
- Observation applications (supermarkets, security zones, conference rooms with cameras)
- Exterior and interior design, particularly for display Integration